Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Overhead Dome Light Upgrade

17K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  07BlackSpecV 
#1 ·
So I saw the writeup on the forum going from just the light fixture to the light fixture and sunglasses panel. I am trying to go from the light panel to the light/sunglass/bluetooth panel. I started cutting away some of the overhead carpet and before I go too far, I am trying to see if anyone has a picture of their's out so that I can see how much actually needs cut. Here is where I am at as of now...

See less See more
#8 ·
did you have to replace the bracket up top to get the new one to fit?

#9 ·
So if you have just the light panel, you have to remove the light panel, cut the headliner to the size of the new panel, remove the bracket that is in there (pain in the ass if you keep the headliner up), and then there is a different bracket that is needed for the rear-side only. The front clips into pre-made clip points in the roof.

#14 ·
I have one of those bluetooth panels and the bracket to mount it. Started to do it and found it to be a PITA. Ended up installing just the light/sunglass holder setup..not the full-on bluetooth setup. Now just debating if I will still put the bluetooth setup in or sell the whole setup....decisions, decisions.....

#18 ·
I was thinking, insteal of upgrading the whole overhead assembly i might just find a nice finished plate to hold switches and mount that flush with the roof liner, forward of the light pod. Looks like one could arrange it to use the bracket above the liner to be sturdy too. Has anyone seen this or something similar done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.