This doesn't work on my 07 OR....
It WORKS. You just have to time it right. I learned this method years ago on my Maxima, and I've done it on the Xterra a couple times (damn Volant!). I'm almost certain that this actually works on all Nissans. It took me a few tries to get the timing right (maybe 4 or 5 times to get it to work).
Here are the steps I wrote up for a buddy of mine, who has a Maxima, and needed to clear the SES/CEL light. Similar to what XKNUT posted, with slight revisions (a little more descriptive):
These are the directions I use to clear the SES light, it took me a couple tries to get it right, but it works:
1. Put key in, turn ignition switch to ON, and wait about 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) quickly 5 times within 5 seconds:
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, then fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it depressed for 10 seconds until the SES/CEL starts blinking (This is where the number of blinks represent the number/code).
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the SES/CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The SES/CEL light should be gone.
STEP 3 is where the number of blinks equals the number for pulling the code. For example: It will blink 5 times in a row, then disappear for 2 to 3 seconds, then blink 8 times in a row, then disappear for 2 to 3 seconds, then blink 2 times in a row, etc. So that would equal "582".