2007 OR "VDC OFF" "SLIP" - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

2007 OR "VDC OFF" "SLIP"

so im coming home from work tonight - and im driving on the highway no problem i stop to get water - turn off the X - get back in - start it up only to have the VDC OFF light lit up and the SLIP light on.... I have 2500 miles on it.... not sure what it is anyone experience this????
I wasnt driving aggressively - beating on it etc.... I turned the truck off/ on - put it 4 hi/ 4low/ backed up turnd the truck on and off... it was still there... any ideas what the f this is????
ANy insight would help
thanks
jmag

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM
2007 Xterra Off-Road

Yes... quite a few of us have had those gremlins.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1099

PNWX founder
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

dam thanks mosi - i read that thread unreal how many people (even you) have had it..... its kinda a bummer....
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman
dam thanks mosi - i read that thread unreal how many people (even you) have had it..... its kinda a bummer....
Head to the deal. You are lucky that your lights stay on. Mine are completely random. Did a 600 mile trip for work this week and no lights. I hit a bump and they flicker.

-Keith
05 Brawn Red OR 6MT, Shrock Sliders and front Bumper, Black Panther Skid Plates
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM
2007 Xterra S

this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlam940
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

It is the Diff or ABS controller. No worries as it doesn't affect the handling of your X and won't render it unless.

-Keith
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
2007 Xterra Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopop
Quote:

It is the Diff or ABS controller. No worries as it doesn't affect the handling of your X and won't render it unless.
In my case, the ABS was disabled so I would say it's a pretty big safety issue. I haven't driven a car/truck w/o ABS in 12 years. I drove around for a bit where it was safe so I could practice some emergency stopping exercises. Soundy dorky I know, but when it's wet out and you are used to ABS, it makes a big difference.

PNWX founder
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosi
Quote:
Quote:

In my case, the ABS was disabled so I would say it's a pretty big safety issue. I haven't driven a car/truck w/o ABS in 12 years. I drove around for a bit where it was safe so I could practice some emergency stopping exercises. Soundy dorky I know, but when it's wet out and you are used to ABS, it makes a big difference.
Maybe, but if the light comes on and stays on then go to a dealer. I cannot remember the last time that I actually heard the ABS kick in. Maybe I drive like a 90 year old women.

-Keith
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
2007 Xterra Off-Road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe, but if the light comes on and stays on then go to a dealer. I cannot remember the last time that I actually heard the ABS kick in. Maybe I drive like a 90 year old women.
We did take it to the dealer and they blew us off for 2 weeks and said it was safe to drive until the part came in. We bitched enough that they gave us a loaner while they kept the truck for another 2 weeks to fix. They replaced the entire rear end.

PNWX founder
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
We did take it to the dealer and they blew us off for 2 weeks and said it was safe to drive until the part came in. We bitched enough that they gave us a loaner while they kept the truck for another 2 weeks to fix. They replaced the entire rear end.[/quote]

ohhh man i dont have enough miles on yet for a new rear end!!!!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Powertrain & Driveline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode