Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Gibson Exhuast

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  c23rd 
#1 ·
Hey all,not sure if I'm posting in the right area. I'm a long time lurker, haven't really post any on here because I get sucked into all the cool stuff on this forum. I'm interested in getting a cat back exhaust because my y pipe is rotted. I came across Gibson not sure if they are any good have seen too much info on here about them on here. Maybe my googling up to par. Well any how on the site I came across test vehicles wanted and 2010-2015 x's are wanted!!! For free!!! The truck has to be stock thou from what I read. My x is a 07. So I figured I would pass it along.
Here is the link
Gibson Performance Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
What I gather:
Dynomax is common, cheap and not much better than stock.
Magnaflow 2 into 1 with new piped from the 2nd cats is a good choice and not really expensive
Heard that gibson can get droney
aFE is a good option.

Best bet, youtube the exhaust to see if you like the sound. Then search for info on that exhaust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Agreed the price is right, I was very interested in the dynomax as well. They have a pretty good rebate going on. I'm having a little bit of a hard time finding it. The lowest price I found was 284.00 but multiple site are out of stock and the one the do have it are like 100.00 more. I also was wondering about that y pipe too. I've some negative about the y pipe on here in my searches. What do you think?

#9 ·
The Y-Pipe was just fine for a $300.00 exhaust kit. It's an Xterra, it doesn't need a flawless Y-pipe and mandrel bends for the extra hp. I liked that the Y pipe is really two pieces, The drivers side pipe separates right by the actual Y on the passenger side, So if id ever did drop on anything and get bent I dont have to order another Y pipe, just a short 90 degree pipe.

Found mine on Amazon $285.00 shipped for free.

Mines paired with doug thorley shorties and B-pipes. I really like the gurgle at cruising/idle rpm. But, its raspy when its cold or i have to get on it. Thats what I would get the extra res for.

#10 ·
The Y-Pipe was just fine for a $300.00 exhaust kit. It's an Xterra, it doesn't need a flawless Y-pipe and mandrel bends for the extra hp. I liked that the Y pipe is really two pieces, The drivers side pipe separates right by the actual Y on the passenger side, So if id ever did drop on anything and get bent I dont have to order another Y pipe, just a short 90 degree pipe.

Found mine on Amazon $285.00 shipped for free.

Mines paired with doug thorley shorties and B-pipes. I really like the gurgle at cruising/idle rpm. But, its raspy when its cold or i have to get on it. Thats what I would get the extra res for.

Gotcha, never thought about that. I wish I can add headers too. Gonna have to wait it for a bit. Thanks for the info. Gonna check Amazon again. Thanks for the info. Very cool!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.