New 2017 RAPTOR on Lot - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2012 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

New 2017 RAPTOR on Lot

New 2017 Ford F-150 For Sale | Windber PA VIN: 1FTFW1RG9HFC19112

Who can afford these trucks?

2012 PRO 4X
NIGHT ARMOR
IN SERVICE : 8/18/12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:35 PM
JNR
Veteran
2014 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Not a matter if, but why would I spend that sort of money on a truck, especially. Those don't much for me, although maybe if they were going for about what they're worth (35k imo). Everything is too much $ though anymore...didn't even like spending what I did for the X (25k is what it should be msrp tops imo).
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:36 PM
JNR
Veteran
2014 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Clicked the link after posting...80k is laughable, wow.

But, hey with 96 month financing...
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2012 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

I am in total agreement with you there. EVERYTHING is going up.

2012 PRO 4X
NIGHT ARMOR
IN SERVICE : 8/18/12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Yeah everything is getting massively high. A new base model truck is around 30k average nowadays and basemodel cars around 25k.

I remember growing up my parents always traded in their Toyota Taco OR for a new model every 2 years or so due to them keeping their value and it was usually just around 18k-19k for that. They stopped around 01' though since they paid that one off and didn't want bills anymore. They also bought a brand new 04 loaded GT Mustang for around 20k as well.

Basically everything is getting massive due to inflation except our pay checks.

Nissan Off-Roaders of the SouthEast (N.O.R.S.E.)
Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:30 PM
2015 Xterra Pro-4x

Garage
I used to be in love with these things until I realized they're garbage. I've heard they suck a towing, and I'd imagine its too big for most trails. I still think they look good but for what they're capable of compared to what they're asking is insane. Almost as bad as a Nissan dealer near me with this:

2017 Nissan Titan at Wright Nissan of Wexford Wexford PA

Started at $65k, looks like they dropped it to $58k since its been sitting a few months. Looks nice, not worth that much IMO.

"Go as slow as possible, but as fast as necessary" - @Lizardking's life lessons
724; PSU Alumni; 15Pro4x

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyoung992 View Post
I used to be in love with these things until I realized they're garbage. I've heard they suck a towing, and I'd imagine its too big for most trails. I still think they look good but for what they're capable of compared to what they're asking is insane. Almost as bad as a Nissan dealer near me with this:

2017 Nissan Titan at Wright Nissan of Wexford Wexford PA

Started at $65k, looks like they dropped it to $58k since its been sitting a few months. Looks nice, not worth that much IMO.
It's meant mostly for offroad racing like the Baja but yea you're right on all counts. The Fast Lane Truck if you watch them actually did an offroad vid of the Raptor vs an old TJ Wrangler and had to stop the vid at one point because the trail was too narrow and Roman didn't want to scratch/damage the body.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Veteran
2011 Metallic Green Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Garage
I cant figure how so many people are driving around in these $60K+ rigs. Even some people I know that aren't necessarily raking in the $$ AND have several kids. I could never even consider a car payment thats even close to my mortgage payment.
Un4seen4 and afarrar3 like this.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Veteran
2007 Knight Armor Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThoreal View Post
I cant figure how so many people are driving around in these $60K+ rigs. Even some people I know that aren't necessarily raking in the $$ AND have several kids. I could never even consider a car payment thats even close to my mortgage payment.
culture of debit, with the majority of people under the age of 35 having 10s of and some 100s thousands of dollars in student debit, whats another 60K added to the pile.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CThoreal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4seen4 View Post
culture of debit, with the majority of people under the age of 35 having 10s of and some 100s thousands of dollars in student debit, whats another 60K added to the pile.
Yeah....everyone just charges everything without paying mind to the fact it needs to be paid off and look how we have a 96month loan now. A few years back you would have a very hard time getting any bank to make a loan with that much time. Now 72/84/96 is pretty common.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode